Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pioneer Woman's Olive Cheese Bread

I think I gained 5 pounds when I made this. It's a lot like Pringles...once you pop, you can't stop! The only changes I made were using white onions for green, chopped black olives instead of sliced, and light mayo. Here's the original: Pioneer Woman's Olive Cheese Bread

Ingredients
1 loaf French bread
6 ounces, (1 jar) pimiento-stuffed green olives
6 ounces, (1 can)  weight black olives
About 1/2 cup chopped white onion
1 stick butter, room temperature
½ cups Mayonnaise
¾ pounds (1 1/2 cups) grated Monterey Jack Cheese (I used a mixture of jack cheeses)

Chop both types of olives. Stir together: butter, mayonnaise, cheese, olives and onions in a mixing bowl. Spread mixture onto French bread that has been sliced lengthwise. Bake at 325ºF for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and browning.

Verdict: So rich, so good...addicting...do I need to go on?!

No comments: