Sunday, September 04, 2011

Betty's Lazy Lasagna

I watch a lot of Betty's Kitchen on YouTube. I started watching it this summer when I was housebound due to 100+ degree weather. Anyway, I found A LOT of recipes that have become part of my repertoire. And, this is one of them. I did change the recipe some, so here is the link to Betty's Lazy Lasagna


The lazy lasagna is not only easy, but it tastes fantastic. Moreover, it's easy to take to work, too. As you can see, the photo I took was with my phone at WORK. That's right, for some reason I kept on forgetting to take the picture at home, and this was the LAST piece we had, so I snapped a photo. As a funny side note, I accidentally threw away that GLAD bowl you see there, I was thinking about something else at lunch and threw away all of my napkins, etc, and this went with it. Because it only cost around $0.50, I didn't feel like digging through the trash to get it. BUT--they make fantastic take to work containers.

Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground beef
28 oz Prego Heart Smart Traditional Italian Spaghetti Sauce
8 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 cups cooked Campanelle pasta

Brown hamburger and add spaghetti sauce, simmer. Meanwhile mix cream cheese, cottage cheese and sour cream together. In the bottom of an 8x8 pan add the cooked pasta, then layer on the cheese mixture, next add the hamburger mixture. Lastly sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, or when the Parmesan cheese begins to brown. 

Yields: 9 servings at  8 Points+ per serving.

VERDICT: We really like this! It has a lasagna flavor, but is much easier to make. What I really like is that you can do all of the work ahead of time, and then just throw it into the oven, which feels like free time for me. And, all you have to do is pair it with a vegetable or fruit, and supper is complete!

No comments: