Monday, February 27, 2012

Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake

I made this last year for a Father's Day celebration. I think I remember what was in it :)

Ingredients
Peanut butter sandwich cookies (one package)
butter (1/2 cup)
peanut butter cups (I can't remember how many I used)
hot fudge sauce (I used Hershey's)
vanilla ice cream, softened (I used Breyer's)
Real whipped cream (in a can)



Crush the cookies (either by hand in a plastic bag, or in a food processor) and add melted butter. Reserve 1/2 cup crumbs and set aside. Line the bottom of a spring form pan with foil and place the cookies in the bottom of the pan, firmly patting them into place. Next, cut up peanut butter cups into 1/2-inch slices and completely cover the cookie layer. Freeze the pan for at least 30 minutes. After freezing, cover the chocolate/cookie layer with vanilla ice cream until the pan is 1/2 full. Put back in freezer for about 15 minutes. Then, open the hot fudge sauce and stir. Pour evenly over the top of the vanilla layer and sprinkle with the reserved cookie crumbs. Freeze until the hot fudge is stiff. Next, add vanilla ice cream to the top of the pan. Freeze overnight, or at least 12 hours.

When time to serve, pipe whipped cream rosettes around the side of the cake, and place peanut butter cups on the top of the cake. I actually did this ahead of time and froze it so that the cream wouldn't topple over!

VERDICT: Blossomed like peanut butter!!

No comments: